Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Prayer Before the Journey

God I know in all that I have going on in my personal life, You have a message for someone.  Be it for me or for whomever, I just want to make sure that the people I will inevitably reach, both consciously & indirectly, receive all that You have for them regardless of me. I want to take this time of  quiet & reflection, of writing & listening, of hearkening to Your voice, & tune into You & Your people.  Help me to see the need, give me the words that someone needs to hear.  I pray that my life contributes only in a vessel like manner & that You help me to use my experiences for Your glory & for Your work.  But  please do not allow me to be distracted by these experiences; make the things in my life a light & not a fog around the vision You have for these pieces I'm about to go in on.  Help me to release the issues of my life to You daily & in doing so, know that You have it all under control-- what You have for me is indeed for me.  When I am tempted to hide behind my words, help me to be transparent.  At the same time, remind me of my ego-- this is for Your glory only, not for my own personal benefit or gain outside of getting free.   I pray for understanding & for awareness.  Help me to see what You see in spite of my own reality & in doing so encourage others to do the same.  I pray for Your constant anointing as I embark on these two projects.  Speak through me.  Breathe through me.  I give myself away so You can use me.  Guide my hands, my heart & my mind.  I love you.
In Your Son's name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment